— (via i-am-lost-in-the-tide)
have you ever considered that female celebrities claim not to be feminists/push a watered down version of feminism because it’s fucking unsafe for them to admit to anything else? emma watson gave the most watered down, man friendly speech on feminism i’ve ever seen in my life and men threatened to leak nudes of her and attack her so
We call ships ‘she.’ We call our war machines ‘women.’ We compare women to black widows and vipers. And you’re going to tell me it’s not ‘lady-like’ to scream, to take up space, to fight and demand respect and do whatever the hell I want. You’ve looked at nuclear bombs and been so in awe that you could only name them after women. Don’t try to down-play my power.
Anonymous asked: "recommendations for lesbian movies not starring white women/girls? i think i need to branch out and love myself"
- saving face - two chinese american women (thiS MOVIE IS MY FAVORITE I LOVE IT SO MUCH)
- pariah - black american woman
- mosquita y mari - brown chicanas
- i can’t think straight - palestinian-jordanian woman and indian-british woman - i just watched this and was squealing the whole time
ppl just reminded me of/recommend these ones too:
- yes or no - thai women, very silly movie!
- the world unseen - indian-south african women
Also circumstance - iranian women.
The Chinese Botanist’s Daughter is a French/ Canadian movie but stars two Chinese protagonists.
Fire is a really good Indian movie.
Butterfly also has Chinese protagonists. The ending is semi-happy as in the original couple doesn’t stay together. I thought it was really good, though.
Spider Lilies has Taiwanese women and it’s directed by a Taiwanese lesbian. It’s an emotional movie but it has a happy ending!
Sancharram (The Journey) stars Indian women. Also really good.